Skilled Sports Medicine Specialist Treating Patients in Reno, NV
Are you an athlete seeking specialized care in Reno, Nevada? If so, you can turn to Dr. Rueben Nair at Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic. Dr. Nair is an experienced sports medicine specialist who focuses on patient-directed care and treats all of his patients as if they were professional athletes. Whether you’ve experienced a setback or you’re looking for ways to improve your performance and prevent future injuries, Dr. Nair can help with your treatment goals.
During his many years as a sports medicine specialist, Dr. Nair has gained experience performing a wide array of procedures, including but not limited to:
- ACL reconstruction — This procedure involves replacing the damaged ligament with a grafted tendon from the hamstring, kneecap, or quadriceps.
- Arthroscopy — Thanks to the use of a small camera and miniature tools, arthroscopic surgery is considerably less invasive than traditional open surgery.
- Cartilage restoration — There are various cartilage restoration techniques, such as replacing damaged cartilage with healthy cartilage and stimulating the growth of new cartilage.
- Rotator cuff repairs — During rotator cuff surgery, the surgeon typically repairs the tear and reattaches the tendon to the humerus.
- UCL reconstruction — Also known as “Tommy John surgery,” this procedure involves replacing a torn UCL with a tendon from another part of the body.
If you’d like to attend a consultation with Dr. Nair or one of the other sports medicine specialists at our Reno, NV, office, contact Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic today. Or, request an appointment using our convenient online scheduling system.