Types of Spine Surgery Offered to Patients in Reno, NV
Have you been told that you need back surgery? Facing a diagnosis for spine surgery can be scary, especially if you are unfamiliar with the type of surgery recommended to you. Fortunately for patients in Reno, Nevada, there is Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic. Our team of spine surgeons are highly experienced in traditional and minimally invasive spine procedures to treat a number of common degenerative spine conditions, and we can answer any questions you may have and provide you with the care you deserve.
What Conditions Do We Treat?
At Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic, some of the most common spine conditions we treat with surgery include:
- Bulging discs
- Herniated discs
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal stenosis
- Fractured spine
- Many others
What Procedures Do We Perform?
Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons perform a number of spine surgery treatments to help relieve the effects of these conditions on a patient’s quality of life. The purpose of our surgery is to restore the function and stability within the spine while reducing the pain and other symptoms of the condition. This can be done through a number of different spine surgeries offered at our Reno medical facility, including:
- Corpectomy, which involves removing a vertebra (or multiple vertebrae) in order to create more space in the spinal canal and thereby reduce pressure on the spinal cord
- Discectomy, which involves either partially or completely removing a damaged spinal disc to relieve pain and other unpleasant symptoms
- Disc replacement surgery, which involves replacing a damaged spinal disc with an artificial one
- Kyphoplasty, which involves inserting a balloon into a fractured spine, inflating it until the spine returns to a normal position, and then injecting a cement-like material into the vertebrae to stabilize the bones
- Lumbar laminectomy, which involves removing a lamina from the lower portion of the spine in order to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or on a pinched nerve root
- Fusion, which involves removing a damaged spinal disc and then joining the surrounding vertebrae using a bone graft
The type of spine surgery you are recommended for will largely depend on the type of spine condition you have and the severity of the damage within your spine. As your doctor reviews your MRI or CT scan, he or she will also consider your medical history to determine if spinal surgery is a viable option for your treatment. Certain medical conditions can increase your risks during surgery, so your doctor will want to review many questions with you before making a recommendation for spine surgery.
Why Choose Us?
You can feel confident choosing Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic to perform your spine surgery. We’ve been serving the community since 1966, during which time we’ve treated tens of thousands of patients. We offer a comprehensive care experience, ensuring that you’ll be taken care of from the time of diagnosis all the way through any necessary back surgery and the following rehabilitation period. Plus, if you’re concerned about the cost of spine surgery, you’ll be glad to know that we accept most insurances—including Workers’ Compensation and Medicare—and that we also offer CareCredit® financing options.
For More Information
To learn more about the spine surgery we offer at Tahoe Fracture & Orthopedic Medical Clinic in Reno, NV, contact us today. We can review your spine condition and determine the best method of treatment to help you find pain relief.